Peucco eLibrary Software is an offline library that stores content digitally (as opposed to print, microform, or other media) and is accessible by computers.
eLibrary retrieves comprehensive yet accurate information that is 100% secure and virus-free, delivering it instantly at the click of the mouse
across the intranet. This efficient and interactive software solution, boasts the most up-to-date information on every subject that is quickly
retrievable by keying in some elementary fields in the search options.
This eliminates the innumerable hours spent crawling search engines which more often than not spews out contradicting and unreliable information
while restricting unnecessary internet access, which is difficult to control/monitor.
e-Library users can select searches in both Intranet and Internet model catalog for titles, authors, subjects or type keywords to describe an item they would like to find. If the search finds items, the computer will show which collection the items are in, what the call numbers are and if they are available to check out.
Our eLibrary/Digital Library Collections contain e-Documents all accessible simultaneously by all users. It offer the world's largest collection of downloadable electronic books and audio files in MP3 format
Publications represented in the database including:
Academic research collections.
Electronic books Full-Text downloadable without restrictions.
Electronic research e-journals articles Full-Text viewable without restrictions.
Titles summaries, cover images, reviews and more.
Audio Books in MP3 format downloadable without restrictions.
Databases in public domain that may prove of interest to the Library audience.
Average eBook size: 45MB.
ADVANTAGES OF eLIBRARY COMPARED TO TRADITIONAL LIBRARY
- No physical boundary: Since digital library is only a software and the materials are digital, the system can function anywhere in the institution with access to PC and LAN.
- Round-the-clock availability: Users can access the materials at any time within the institution's network.
- Multiple accesses: The same resources can be used at the same time by a number of users.
- Structured approach: e-library provides access to much richer content in a more structured manner, via main/sub/specific categories making the task of management of materials very easy for the librarian.
- Information retrieval: The system facilitates more flexibility and ease in searching a specific book or article. Simple or advance search options are available with options to use keywords, title, author, content, date, rating etc as criteria.
- Preservation and conservation: An exact copy of the original can be made any number of times without any degradation in quality.
- Space: While traditional libraries are limited by storage space, digital libraries have the potential to store much more information simply because digital information requires very little physical space to contain it.
- Innovative technology: Digital libraries can immediately adopt innovations in technology providing users with improvements in electronic and audio book technology. Upgraded versions will be made available to the existing clients as and when they are done.
- Cost: The cost of maintaining a digital library is lower than that of a traditional library. A traditional library must spend large sums of money paying for staff, book maintenance, rent, and additional books, while digital libraries do away with these fees.
- Other features: Different user types can be created with varying access restrictions. Articles can be rated by the user and discussion forums can be created.
- Encyclopedias (General)
- Encyclopedias (Subject Specific)
- Government Publications
Textbooks In Major Disciplines
- Philosophy and Religion
- Environmental Studies
- Political Science
- Fine Arts
- Literature (in various languages)
- Statistics and Probability
- Computer Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Home Economics
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Library Science and Information Resources
Children's Books and Resources
- Easy/Picture Books
- Juvenile - Fictions
- Juvenile - Non Fiction
- Read and listen kits (talking books packages with print books)
- Audio Visual Resources
- Classics like Shakespeare (English Literature)
- Indigenous African/Nigerian Literature
- Short Stories
- and lot more!
User ModuleThis easy-to-use versatile module helps users browse the library quickly and effectively. Administrator assigned privileges to users not only to browse/delete own content but also rate article/e-books and post comments/viewpoints.
- View/browse e-books
- Save content for future reference
- Simple search by category/title/keyword(s)
- Advanced search by sub category/author/viewer rating/date-wise
- Author e-books/articles
- Update/delete own content
- View content approved/rejected by admin
- Resubmit content for admin review
- Rate content
- Post viewpoints in forum
Administrator ModuleThis full-options module ensures ease of navigability for users helping them receive appropriate e-content efficiently. Administrator can not only edit/delete content but can also assign/control user privileges to ensure that contents are current and periodically updated.
- Register users
- Edit user list
- Assign/edit login password
- Control user-privileges
- Add/update e-books/articles
- Integrate existing hardcopy content
- Assign search categories/sub categories
- Customize search display options/navigation
- Approve/edit/reject e-content
- Monitor forum discussions